The Redeemed Christian Church of God (R.C.C.G.) started in 1952 through the vision God gave to the late founder, PA Josiah O. Akindayomi.
When he passed away on to glory in 1980, the mantle of leadership fell on the present General Overseer, Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye in March 1981.
The Lord made 3 wonderful promises to the mission:
- That he would meet the church on his return.
- That the church will be a model for other churches.
- That other churches would come and learn to worship God at RCCG.
Based on these promises, we have the following goals:
- To make heaven
- To take as many people as possible to heaven
- To plant churches within 30 mins during distances in every city and town of developed countries.
- In order to accomplish our goals, holiness will be our life style
- We will pursue these objectives until every nation in the world is reached for Jesus Christ
The Redeemed Christian Church of God, Mount Zion parish started in April of 1999 from the then RCCG Atlanta Central parish under the leadership of Pastor Johnson Adefila. Pastor Anthony Odugunwa and Deacon Peter Ayeni were given the mandate of planting a parish at Riverdale/College park area.
The Church started in an hotel in college park and after six months, Pastor Wale Adeleye pastored the church for some months and the Lord used him to relocate the parish to Queuetek plaza in Riverdale.
The Lord has been moving His Church from glory to glory.
Reaching the world, Equipping the Saints
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
To become a strong medium of outreach to the unsaved through evangelism, hospitality and care, while building a solid base for the spiritual, mental and personal development of the saints.
OUR CORE VALUES
Our core values is creatively summarized in an acronym “ZION”
- Z – Zealousness to worship (PASSION)
- I – Inclination to Christ teachings on LOVE
- O – Openness to creating a better atmosphere of service (HOSPITALITY)
- N – Non-stop hunger for knowledge and God’s word.
Our core value is a statement of our culture. We are PASSIONATE about worship. Always showing LOVE, highly hospitable and ever hungry for KNOWLEDGE AND GOD’S WORD!